1. The Board of Directors of Marbella International Film Festival (MIFF) invites all interested parties to participate at Grounded Film Festival (GFF). The board shall select the films to be included in the screening list of the festival.
2. The Grounded Film Festival is a project organised by Marbella International Film Festival, trading name of New World Trust, a not for profit organisation that supports many different programmers and initiatives within the industry.
3. Only films that meet the following criteria may be chosen for screening at the official MIFF site:
- Films that have been produced from 1st April 2020 and during the “Lock down” period or until 1st July 2020.
- Films must be made with participation of the people who are in self-isolation. This would mean either individuals or groups who are self isolating by themselves.
- Running time: from 2 minutes to 15 minutes
- Genre: comedy, documentary, music, drama, animations, horror, etc.
- Language: English or with English subtitle
- Equipment: Any, cameras, mobile phones, or computer generated.
- Animals or props can be used for production.
4. The board of directors have complete discretion on which films can be included in the screening list.
5. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
6. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be delivered on line by completing the submission form and sending the “YOU TUBE” or “VIMEO” link without a password to the festival site.
7. The festival will not be responsible and would reject or withdraw faulty files; it is the duty of the participant to make sure the files are checked for quality of delivery.
8. The producer, confirms that all release agreements for the submission, including music rights, are in place and will take full responsibility for any maters arising from its broadcast.
9. All submitted films must carry the logos of Marbella International Film Festival on their credits.
10. The Film Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
11. Participation in the GFE implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form, you agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
- You hereby grant the organisers of the Festival permission to screen your film at the festival site and grant full copy rights to the festival.
- The film contains no material which is obscene, libellous or defamatory; you shall remain responsible for any actions by third party in relation to above.
- You will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
- You read, understood and agree to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2020 of the Festival.
- You understand that there are no fees due to you for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organisers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums.
12. You agree to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. You further understand and agree that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
13. You agree that any legal dispute between you and the organisers of the Festival will be heard in the English courts according to the law of England and Wales