24 HOUR FILM CHALLENGE
ON-LINE or at THE MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Marbella International Film Festival (MIFF) is proud to announce the 24-Hour International Film Challenge, which is NOW OPEN to all filmmakers!
The event, which is organized by MIFF in association with New World Trust, offers a great opportunity for filmmakers to add to their credits and demonstrate their talent to world audiences.
Over the past seven years, the 24 Hour Film Challenge has attracted many talented filmmakers, who have created some outstanding work, all scripted, shot, edited, and submitted for screening in only 24 hours.
This year, the Festival’s aim is to increase participation to this exciting event by offering the challenge on-line, as well as on-location, thus allowing filmmakers from all over the world to make movies and show off their talent by participating in this exciting event.
The Challenge is held all year round and is judged quarterly.
Here is the deal:
The filmmaker, with the cast and the crew, (or just alone with a camera and laptop!) is challenged to make a three to four minute short film on a given subject matter. The task is to write a script, direct the actors, shoot the film, edit, sound and music, and deliver the film in 24 hours.
The on-line participants would receive their instructions for the challenge at the same time, via dedicated email, and must deliver their film within 24 hours as a file attachment to the challenge administrators.
Each team receives a different subject matter and specified tasks to complete, thus making the challenge a real time event.
There will be support teams available to help and advise the participants prior to and throughout the challenge period if required.
The prestigious Marbella 24 Hour Film Challenge Award will be offered to the best film each quarter. In addition, during the MIFF (held every October) the winner from each quarter will be judged again and an overall winner will receive a 24-Hour Film Challenge “Winners Winner” Award for that year. All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
Over the years, many participants of the Marbella 24 Hour Film Challenge have discovered this event to be a most helpful platform to promote their future work. The challenge is a fast and effective way of adding to credits, creating a show-reel for actors, crew and the production team.
Participants have succeeded in achieving international recognition on the back of association with this prestigious Film Festival and not to mention the opportunity of networking with some of the most talented international film professionals.
The registration fee for applications is £125-00 (or €150) per team, however, a reduced fee of £85-00 (or €100 Euros) per team will be applicable for a limited period, subject to approval by the board.
For those filmmakers who wish to attend the October festival in person and participate in the challenge on location, there is a subsidized package for accommodation and accreditations for the festival (details will be available nearer the date).
Don’t delay, register your team for this event as soon as possible, the next challenge is being launched in February 2014.
Registration forms and further information are available from: email@example.com
Past Winners & Notable Entries
CORTOMETRAJE GANADOR 24 Hour Film Challenge 2010 Winner
24 Hour Film Challenge 2010 Runner Up
The Beaming – 24 Hour Film Challenge 2011 Joint Winner
Missing Delegate – 24 Hour Film Challenge 2011 Joint Winner
Should you need further information, have any questions, or simply wish to contact us, please use the details provided on our contact page.
Rules and Regulations Film Challenge 2014
Terms and Conditions for participating at the 24 hour film challenge and Screening at the Marbella International Film Festival.
1. The Board of Directors invites and selects the film makers as teams or individuals, to participate at 24 hour film challenge. Each team invited to be part of the official selection by the Board of Directors will receive a Certificate of Participation.
2. Only films that meet the following criteria may be chosen for screening at the official MIFF24Hr Challenge:
i) Films that have been produced during the allocated 24 hours as specified by the festival organizers.
ii) Films must fulfill all requirements as instructed by the festival challenge administrators.
3. Throughout the duration of the Festival, none of the films invited may be shown outside the Festival’s official theatres before its official screening.
4. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
5. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
6. The jury is obliged to award for The best film
7. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be delivered in person or on line by the specified time. Films delivered after the specified time will be rejected, unless a formal extension of time has been requested and granted by the festival director.
8. All films must be submitted in digital or DVD format, the festival will not be responsible and would reject or withdraw faulty files or DVDs, it is the duty of the participant to make sure the files are checked for quality of delivery.
9. The producer, confirms that all release agreements for the submission, including music rights, are in place and will take full responsibility for any maters arising from its broadcast.
10. All submitted films must carry the logos of Marbella International Film and New world Films as their credits.
11. The festival does not accept liability for any technical failures for ON LINE submissions, however in certain conditions application for extension of time could be considered by the festival director.
12. Registration fees: The registration fee entitles the team to register and participate for the challenge. This applies to the whole team and allows all members of the team to attend the screenings of the 24 hour film challenge at the festival or on line.
a. Standard registration fee of for the participating teams is £125-00.
b. Early bird registration fee of £75-00 is applicable for limited period.
c. All payments must be made through Pay Pal at the time of registration. The festival shall decline registering any application which does not include its fees.
d. The registration fees are none return able.
13.The MIFF 24 hour film challenge is organised by Marbella International Film Festival, trading name of New World Trust, a non-profit organisation that supports many different programmers and initiatives within the industry.
14. The Film Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
15. Participation in the MIFF 24 Hr Challenge implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organisers of the Festival permission to screen the film during the Festival, and the festival’s world tour, and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organisers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) The film contains no material which is obscene, libelous or defamatory.
4) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
5) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
6) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
7) [You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2014 of the Festival.
8) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations 2014 of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
9) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organisers of the Festival a non exclusive license to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organisers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
12) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organisers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
13) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
14) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
15) [You / The Company] agree[s] that any legal dispute between [you / the company] and the organisers of the Festival will be heard in the English courts according to the law of England and Wales